What is STAT Trials Pulse powered by Applied XL?
STAT Trials Pulse is a clinical trials intelligence platform that monitors disparate sources of data to surface insights that will get you ahead.
In the last 12 months, there were over 2.5 million changes in the U.S. clinical trials registry alone. Only a fraction of those - about 8% - were actually noteworthy. To put things into perspective, that's an average of over 9,500 daily updates for you to keep track of.
STAT Trials Pulse dynamically watches data from trustworthy sources - including company announcements, the National Library of Medicine, clinicaltrials.gov and scientific papers from PubMed - and delivers the information you need in one place. Life sciences professionals and investors use our platform to understand early signals and patterns that others may miss.
Who uses STAT Trials Pulse?
Professionals across health care and the life sciences in work related to competitive intelligence, strategy, business development, portfolio analysis, strategic investment, and clinical development.
How is the platform being used?
STAT Trials Pulse is being used by life sciences professionals to accelerate decision-making on partnerships, investments, regulatory strategy, competitive positioning, and commercialization activities.
Our users are already experiencing the impact of STAT Trials Pulse. With it, they have:
- Adjusted commercialization timelines by tracking changes in competing clinical trials.
- Defined R&D strategy by following the latest clinical activity from academic institutions and emerging biotech companies.
- Optimized clinical trial design by monitoring the roadblocks that have impacted new drug development in the same therapeutic area.
- Adjusted regulatory strategy by getting early signals on the shortcomings of comparable trials.
- Prioritized investment opportunities by identifying emerging therapeutic areas and interventions, and getting outcomes indications before official news is released.
How does STAT Trials Pulse work?
STAT Trials Pulse uses machine learning and natural language processing algorithms to detect and make sense of millions of data points in the clinical trials space. The algorithms are then fine-tuned through input by journalists and other life science analysts, reflecting our commitment to responsible AI and high algorithmic standards. The result combines cutting-edge data science techniques with editorial principles, providing you with objective, fast, and reliable information.
The system navigates the infoscape for life sciences data and consciously detects what's new and noteworthy.
- We monitor and structure all data from clinicaltrials.gov, PubMed, scientific papers and press releases.
- Our algorithms are encoded with prioritization and editorial labeling frameworks that have been developed by a network of in-industry experts, including STAT journalists, that help surface important signals and de-prioritize noise.
- The product minimizes setup and increases the relevance of the information users receive, helping us to flag the most important shifts in the trials they’re watching. However, the full feed of data is always available for the end user to explore in depth.
How is STAT Trials Pulse different from other clinical trials data or service providers?
Think of us as a Twitter to other service providers’ Google. While other products provide the most data possible through search tools, we are focused on real-time event detection for life sciences. We want to help you surface what’s new and noteworthy and discover information that you may not know to explicitly search for. We have optimized the work stream of diligence via search by creating editorial frameworks for prioritization and providing additional, proprietary context.
We believe it is important to provide an optimized information filtering system on clinical trials data. STAT Trials Pulse aims to generate high- quality insights at scale, with unparalleled relevance and speed. Our product provides a tailored experience to each user that does not require a time-consuming set up process or costly analyst hours.
Additionally, our event classification system is completely unique. The ability to filter on specific events a trial may be experiencing is one you cannot find elsewhere. Furthermore, this proprietary event classification allows us to surface trends in the clinical landscape that otherwise go undetected in search-based tools.
How are you able to personalize information for each user?
Applied XL’s system uses hundreds of attributes to classify clinical trials. Each tag corresponds to specific characteristics of the trial: for example, the type of intervention, the therapeutic area, the targets, the enrollment count, and the semantics used to describe those studies.
Our algorithms assess the similarity of clinical trials based on a combination of publicly available data and proprietary tags. These trials are prioritized based on the resulting similarity scores, recency, and impact. This enables rapid discovery of similar trials across a variety of filtered categories: trials from the same company, trials from other companies, trials focused on similar diseases, etc.
How can I help improve the platform?
You can send your feedback to email@example.com. Tell us what features or data you’d like to have access to in the future, as well as any thoughts or questions about the product.
You can also help enrich the accuracy of our algorithms and classifications through discrete data labeling challenges that you will see integrated throughout the platform.
Can I schedule a demo with your team to get a better idea of how to use the tool?
Yes! We host public webinars and demos regularly, but are also happy to guide you in a private demo, which you can schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org